MADS COVID-19 Policy
In light of the UK Government's Plan B announcements regarding the wider mandating of mask wearing not only on public transport and in shops, but also in public indoor spaces including theatres, MADS COVID-19 Policy from Friday December 10th 2021 is now as follows:-
- The wearing of face masks in the public areas of MADS theatre will be mandatory unless you are exempt, or eating/drinking.
- Signs will be displayed prominently around the theatre stating this.
- Disposable masks will be available for anyone - patron or member - who does not have a mask.
- Vaccine and/or test status will not be checked on entry to the theatre.
- Perspex screens in the bar will be retained until further notice to protect bar staff and customers, as mask wearing in the hospitality areas is not mandatory.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building.
- Backstage, all members (cast and crew) will be strongly encouraged to wear a mask except when on stage and to take all appropriate precautions to reduce infection risk.
- All visitors to the theatre will be encouraged to make any purchase by using a bank card. Anyone buying a ticket online will have the option of pre-ordering a programme and a hot drink.
- These measures are designed to reduce the risk of onward COVID-19 transmission through cash handling.
This policy is dated December 9th, 2021 and will be revised as necessary in line with changing UK Government announcements.